Monday, April 20, 2009

Another EDM 310 Student's Blog Observation

I have looked at several other students' blogs. I think the blogs are a positive thing in the classroom. I think if the teacher, like Mr. Sullivan, keeps his/her blog updated and uses it for an informational/educational purposes, it can be very beneficial.

In my EDM 310 class this Spring, I have learned a lot through the blogs. Students are able to keep and be kept updated on what is going on in the classroom. If they are questioning their blog, all they have to do is look at the other students.

If a student misses class (like I have this semester), he/she can look at the Instructor's blog to keep up with what they missed. The syllabus, handouts, assignments, instructional videos, and all other important stuff is linked to on the Instructor's Blog. They can re-print, re-read, or re-watch any they may loose or forget.

I will certainly use blogs in my classroom. I am going to teach high school math, and will always post videos or links to help my students who may be struggling or just want extra work to help them understand the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment